Welcome to NCJC Home

 NCJC Home 
 Campus
 Faculty & Staff
 Photo Album
 Photo Archive
 Huffard Forum
 Presidents
 OVU Home

N o r t h e a s t e r n
CHRISTIAN JUNIOR COLLEGE

Boone Hall Northeastern Christian Junior College was founded in 1957 as the Northeastern Institute for Christian Education (NICE). The college was located in Villanova, Pennsylvania, on the Main Line of Philadelphia, with the Morris Clothier mansion serving as the main structure. In 1964 NICE became Northeastern Christian Junior College (NCJC) upon approval from the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In 1978, NCJC received full regional accreditation through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

Discussions of the consolidation of NCJC and OVC [now OVU], which had begun in the early 1980's, were resumed in 1992 by representatives of both boards of trustees and Presidents Stotts and Bowen. That consolidation was finalized in February 1993, bringing together members of the boards of trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and constituents from both institutions. The new larger institution retained the name and location of Ohio Valley College, which has now become Ohio Valley University.


Return to Ohio Valley University Home Page
Return to Ohio Valley University Home Page
http://ncjc.ovu.edu/
Last updated on October 3, 2012
Page maintained by